Modern shoe models are often equipped with laces. These products are designed for comfortable, safe use of shoes or sneakers, taking into account the anatomical features of the foot. For comfortable socks, it is important to know how to tie the shoelaces so that they do not untie while moving. Thanks to a variety of lacing methods and options, shoes not only fit perfectly on the foot, making movements comfortable, but also acquire a stylish, original appearance, in each new look it looks different.
The movement of the foot is the reason for the frequent unfastening of the ribbons on the shoes. When the legs come into contact with a hard surface, the ends of the laces are affected by the force of attraction, seven times greater than the gravity of the fixed elements. This causes the material to stretch, as a result of which the loops are pulled, the knot is weakened. With greater dynamic loading, the free ends are lengthened, contributing to the final untying of the laces.
Manufacturers of athletic shoes make fixators in the ankle joint. Side holes are designed to secure the foot during heavy load on the leg when moving. Laces inserted in additional holes contribute to the tight fit of the sneakers, uniform pressure distribution for safe and comfortable use of shoes.
For convenient tying, alternative shoelaces have been developed, which are equipped with sports and children's shoes. Hooked ribbon is reinforced with carbon fiber for reliability. On the tongue of the shoes there is a special pocket for accommodating a plastic retainer and laces. For sports shoe models, universal silicone inserts are used, which are distinguished by durability and strength.
How to wash the laces?
Running shoes, laces I wash in the car 1 time in 3 months or more often, as it gets dirty. I undo my shoes, take out the insoles and throw in the washer. I collect the shoelaces together, fold them several times, knit them in a knot and throw them in the wash too. I put the sport mode or for 40-60 minutes at a temperature of 40 degrees, spin 800 rpm (let them squeeze out well). All. Then I put it to dry in a well-ventilated place, on the balcony, for example.
We summarize all of the above. We examined how to tie the shoelaces so that they do not untie, consider lacing options for different types of foot structure, get acquainted with the types of shoelaces, learn how to tie so that they do not untie on the finish line. And when they lose color from dust and sweat, you know how to reanimate them.
Write comments and share the article with your friends. Run for everyone!
Reasons for Unleashing
Initially, you should understand why the laces are untied. This will help to avoid errors in the future. There are several factors:
- Incorrect choice. It would seem that it might be easier to purchase laces. But the wrong choice can lead to constant unleashing. To avoid this trouble, you should take shoes with you to the store. This is the only way to choose the laces corresponding to the holes provided for them.
- Inappropriate length. In order to properly form a knot, you should have in stock free ends of sufficient length. Otherwise, it is impossible to fix the knot tight enough.
- Bad form. It can be round, oval and flat. The strongest knot is formed using flat laces.
- Poorly tightened knot. This fact initially guarantees that the lace is untied. Therefore, it is necessary once again to tighten the free ends and tighten them as tight as possible.
- Incorrectly tied knot. There are many options for nodes that are distinguished by their strength. If the usual version does not hold, you should familiarize yourself with other methods that are suitable for a specific material, length, shape of the lace.
If there is an isolated case of untying, then much attention should not be paid to this issue. Under the condition of regularity, it is necessary to determine the reason why the laces are untied, and try to eliminate it. If it is not possible to achieve a positive result, it is recommended to purchase new laces that differ from the old ones in quality characteristics.
Quick and easy ways
When a person prefers to wear sports shoes more often, he becomes interested in how to lace up shoes not in the usual way, but in a more original and fashionable way. Classic options are fading into the background, more and more new methods of lacing are being mastered, which every day are gaining even greater popularity.
Before choosing a lacing method, you should carefully read the instructions or study the photo circuit.
How to choose shoelaces
The first rule, how to tie shoelaces so that they do not untie, involves a competent choice of this product. Several parameters should be considered that affect the strength of the assembly. These include:
- manufacturing material
- the form,
- the presence of tips.
Most often, cotton or synthetics are used to make laces. The first material is short-lived, products created from it are torn quickly enough. However, the nodes are more durable. But synthetic laces are more wear-resistant. But their disadvantage is the frequent relaxation of the knot when walking, as a result of which they are constantly untied.
The option is made of genuine leather. Such products are durable and also have an elegant appearance. Jute and hemp are less common. Materials have an average indicator in all respects. However, the knots are strong enough, so these materials are a suitable option for shoelaces so that they do not untie.
The most common forms of the product in question are considered flat and round. The first option is characterized by greater strength, the knotted knot is very strong. The flat shape is most often used for sports and casual shoes. Round laces are used mainly for strict, classic shoes. Nodes are unstable. In addition, if you lace up tightly, you may experience a feeling of discomfort.
The length affects not only the strength of the knot, but also the ability to execute diverse laces. The best option is to take old shoelaces as a sample. If there are none, then it is necessary to take into account the number of holes on which the length will depend.
|Tying Method||Action algorithm|
|The node of Jan Figgen - named after the author, is distinguished by reliability, beauty, convenience|
|Mega Node is the most reliable option|
|Double sliding unit - self-tightening element, characterized by a high degree of reliability|
|Surgical site - considered the safest type|
So that the lace does not untie, you need to firmly fix the nodes. The proposed methods can be used to lace up sneakers, classic shoes, derby, boat shoes.
Shoelaces are intended for reliable fixing of shoes on a foot when walking or running. The tightness of the fit, which ensures safety during movement, depends on the method of tying the ribbons and securing the knot. The original lacing is suitable for classic, sports and casual shoes.
Interesting lacing methods involve the use of different colored laces. Colored laces look stylish and fashionable. Two-tone lacing is performed as follows:
- Prepare two multi-colored shoelaces of sufficient length.
- Tie both parts well together, not forgetting to trim the ponytails.
- Starting from the bottom right, stretch the first lace to the top of the shoe through the eyelets.
- Starting from the 2nd hole from the bottom on the right side, do the same manipulations as with the first string.
Closed lacing is a straight horizontal lines that look stylish on any shoe. This method includes a hidden node, which is the last detail in the implementation of this technique. It’s possible to hide the laces tied in a knot in the inside of the shoe.
Shoes laced with a “checkerboard” look unusual and inimitable.
- The first cord is led through the lower holes by the eglet inward.
- The second is carried out from below, thus performing “weaving binding” to the top, they wrap around the first and go further down.
- Do this until the cord runs out. The knot is hidden inside the shoe.
This method looks original, good for thin strings, as they are threaded through the hole twice. Begin to lace up from below, threading the eglets from the inside. Then they go parallel up, threaded inward, pulled out and intertwined. Then again come the vertical “strokes”.
Back two-tone loop
This is another lacing method using two cords, the ends of which are tied in a bow. Lacing Technique:
- Take 2 shortened shoelaces (red and blue).
- Pass the red through the bottom, leading out.
- Make a cross and run the rope into the grommets through the eglet above.
- Lacing on, skipping a few holes.
- Take the blue laces and start manipulating with the 2nd pair of eyelets, repeating steps 2 and 4, until the tip of the red matches the blue.
Five pointed star
You can tie your shoelaces creatively using this lacing option. The order is as follows:
- The first line is drawn in the middle row, then the edges from the inside go perpendicularly down, crossed, return to the original row.
- Threaded diagonally into the lower eyelets, forming a five-pointed star.
Lacing will especially appeal to young and creative girls. Technique of execution:
- Starting from the top, the rope is threaded into the 2nd eyelet.
- Eglets are threaded right and left in order, as a result, long loops are obtained from the outside.
- At the bottom there should be one grommet on one and the other side.
- Insert the eglets into the loops formed on both sides (see step 2) so that they look out.
This method involves the use of two pairs of laces, different in color. They take flat and wider laces, so the chess will look more interesting. Technique of execution:
- Thread lace A into the first holes from the inside of the boot. One tip of the cord is short - it is required for the nodule. The work is carried out with the second end.
- Pass the second eglet into the 2nd eyelet from the inside, then from the outside into the hole, which is opposite. Insert the eglet of cord B into the shoe trim near end A.
- Draw parallel lines lacing to the top.
- Lower cord B down, alternately threading it over and under A.
- Make a couple more waves with cord B, raise and lower it.
- Bring the eglet under the edge of the shoe near the first hole.
This traditional technique allows you to make patterns not only in the form of geometric shapes, in particular, a rhombus, but also other ornaments. It all depends on where the edges of the laced ropes intersect. Nodes can be hidden or left outside.
This is an easy way of lacing, which is interesting for its style and novelty. Technique of execution:
- Insert the plastic lace A button into the upper eyelet, only from the inside.
- Direct the other cord (B) into the hole in the adjacent row from the inside and up.
- Insert A through the opposite eyelet in another row on the outside.
- Send B into the opposite hole in the next row.
- As a result, the first eglet is placed in the grommet, which is opposite in the upper row on the inside, and the second on the outside.
This lacing looks rather unusual, but it is difficult to tighten and loosen. If desired, lace up like this:
- Insert into the 1st eyelets from the outside.
- Cross and pass from the inside to the 4th.
- Cross and pass through 3 grommets again.
- Throw it crosswise and thread into the 6th eyelets from the inside.
- To tie a knot.
With a pass
If you correctly lace up your shoes, then there will be no pressure on lifting the legs, joint mobility will remain normal. Technique of execution:
- Insert the rope into the inner loops, cross and again pass it there.
- Make a pass - stretch the eglets vertically in the next row, again forming a cross.
- If the rope is constantly untied, a pass can be made lower or higher.
Lacing with a ladder looks cool and fashionable. You can tie a ladder in this way:
- Pass the ropes from the inside of the shoe through the lower eyelets, pull up on both plastic eglets to get two identical parts.
- Pass one and the second part through the grommet located opposite.
- Weave the ropes so that the second part is located above the first, and both passed under equal sides.
- Insert both eglets into the grommet opposite (from the outside) and weave as described in paragraph 3, only now the first part should be located above the second.
- Walk further to the upper grommets on the boot.
How to tie shoelaces
Lacing shoes is a common thing, the technique of which is mastered in childhood. Everyone can tie a simple knot on the shoelaces, however there are very original ways that units use. When the shoelaces are arbitrarily untied, it is worth paying attention not to the material, but to the correct tying of the knot, which ensures the reliability of fastening the boot on the foot.
To not get loose
The question of what to do so that the laces are not untied, excites many people who prefer to wear laced shoes. Indeed, it often happens that the nodes are unreliable and untied at the most inopportune moment.
Having decided on the method of lacing, it is important to learn how to tie shoelaces so that they do not untie. A reliable knot with a difficult knitting method is called the "Surgeon's Knot". They also use such well-known nodes as: "hare ears", a double sliding knot.
How to tie long shoelaces
If the laces are too long and constantly untied, you can try to hide them under the tongue of the boot. It is also possible not to tuck long shoelaces inward, but to put them up under the edges of the sneakers and make a knot. By visually viewing the photo or video instructions, you can learn how to tie long shoelaces in the most suitable way.
For runners and track and field athletes, lacing with a hidden knot or the usual types of ties, complemented by a “loop lock”, are generally preferable.
With regular training, sneakers with holes located in a zigzag are recommended. These shoes fix the foot well, making training easier.
To tie the laces do not cling to the bicycle wheels, lacing is performed crosswise, and the knot is made on the outside. And it is also important to pay attention to the material: take not synthetic, but elastic shoe laces made of cotton.
How to shorten long shoelaces
What to do if it is necessary to shorten too long shoelaces? You can use a simple method - cut with scissors. It is important to trim the ends of the laces carefully and not too short so that it is possible to tuck them into the boot.
There are other ways that suggest how to shorten the shoelaces without trimming:
- Eglet wrapping with transparent tape. This is a simple way to make shorter strings.
- Impregnation of the tip with glue.
- The use of metal tubes. Saw off the tube, insert the cord into it, pour glue inside or push it with a nail.
Photo tips for tying shoelaces
To update your favorite pair of shoes, you can choose the original methods of lacing. With the help of photo tips, it will be possible to execute neat lines and patterns on shoes that emphasize their own unique style.
Following fashion trends, it is important to remember about comfort. Sneakers should not only be laced beautifully, but also firmly, taking into account the type of activity planned for the coming day.